23 Jun 2013

Mama Africa murdered in Oslo

Emebet Abrha (41) was found dead in her "Mama Africa" restaurant at Galleri Oslo. Photo: Private
KiN Newsroom

Oslo Police got information that fire had broken out in a restaurant at Galleri Oslo early morning of Wednesday 19th. June 2013. On arriving at the scene and fire fighters having managed to get into the restaurant, two bodies of a man and a woman were reportedly found. The Police later identified the woman as Emebet Abrha Woldtenssae (41) originally from Ethiopia and a 55 year old man reportedly an employee of Mama Africa (originally from Iran).

Police reported that the woman was already dead at the time the body was found while the man was still alive despite having life threatening burns. Emebet was until her time of death the manager of Mama Africa restaurant at Galleri Oslo (Schweigaardsgate 12).

Oslo Police have reported that there are signs that Emebet was possibly murdered by the man before the restaurant caught fire. This report is pending investigations and hearings once the man will be in a position for dialogue with the Police.

We at KiN send our heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Emebet.

This is a very sad moment not only for the family and friends of Emebet but also the African community and friends of Mama Africa in Norway.

R.I.P

3 comments:

Karoline said...

This is very terrible. We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Mama Africa and she was very happy and good person. This is very terrible! GOD GRANT YOU PEACE SISTER!!!

Anonymous said...

It's so terrible and sad. I worked with her for seven years since the day I arrived to Norway. She was very inspiring for me, always funny, witty and with an infectious smile and laughter. So hard working and kind to everyone around her and I still can't believe that Emy isn't around anymore. I sent her a message on Tuesday because I felt long time had passed without catching up. Then next day I feared the worst when I read the horrible news.
She might be gone in body, but I will forever have the memories in my mind and soul.

/Mattias

Anonymous said...

Am so sorry about her .I advice for others ethiopian women to takecare of them selves from abusing husband. A lot of ethiopian ladies are abusing and kill by husbands.why?????? We saw in oslo horrible news