23 Feb 2014

Norwegian Gor Mahia Football Fun - Translated


The video of a Norwegian football supporter is doing great rounds in the social media. Here is the translated interview:

Interviewer: Before you start, I am departing but I want to leave you with something. Now you are a Gor Mahia supporter.
I have been a supporter of Gor Mahia all the way from 1965.

Interviewer: Thank you very much, never leave Gor Mahia
Hahahaaaa, I cannot leave Gor.

Interviewer: So, what is your name?
I am Owadgi Adhiambo, Ondiegi (Adhiambo's brother, the Hyena)

Interviewer: Aha!
That is my name from Kenya.

Interviewer: Are you a Kenyan?
No, I am not a Kenyan, I am a Norwegian.

Interviewer: So you are a Norwegia, but what are you doing in Kenya?
I am a preacher in Kenya and a member of the FPFK Church.

Interviewer: Aha, and you are a football supporter?
Yes, I have to support football, I must support Gor Mahia because they are Luos who play very good football.

Interviewer: So you like them?
I love them so much but I do not know how to play football at all.

Interviewer: But you are a Gor fun?
Yes I am a Gor fun...hahahahaaaa!

Interviewer: Thank you. But how did you learn the luo language?
I am born here so I had to learn the language?

Interviewer: Where were you born?
I was born in Muhoroni.

Interviewer: Muhoroni?
Yes!

Interviewer: But how long have you lived in Kenya?
Many years...twenty something (meaning more than twenty years)

Interviewer: Do you know AFC Leopards? (Another football team in Kenya)
Yes, I also know of AFC Leopards.

Interviewer: You've heard of them?
Yes, I have heard of that one but Gor Mahia is the only good one.
Hahahahaaaaaaaa!

Video lifted from K24
Translation by KiN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOR BIRO.....YAWNE YOO....!!